Today, EU Startup Services is recruiting a Senior Technical Proposal Manager for our Proposal Development Division.
This position reports to the Director of Client Relations and regularly interacts with other members of the Proposal Development Department. The incumbent may supervise junior staff and/or Consultants in select technical areas.
He/she must be comfortable handling complex topics and confidential information while representing the Development Office to internal and external clients. The senior proposal writer will also be adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines and should have organizational skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
A minimum of 4 years of work experience in the field is required, with 2-3 years minimum in SME instrument proposal development, with demonstrated success in writing SME Instrument proposals.
- ● Research, write and edit technical material for proposals;
- ● Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions throughout the life of theproposal;
- ● Successfully conduct requirements analysis for clients and collect input;
- ● Successfully interact and manage client relationships;
- ● Review and contribute to proposal outlines and compliance matrices;
- ● Prepare material for proposals, including interviewing experts and/or reviewing and revising textprepared by experts;
- ● Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency responsiveness to requirements, inpreparation for team reviews and final production;
- ● Travel to establish relationships with the client, potential partners and/or local staff, gatheroperational information and country context, and analyze the competitive environment forconsidering the organization’s differentiators;
- ● Provide support to staff to improve proposal writing;
- ● Minimum of 4 years of work experience in proposal writing;
- ● Minimum 2-3 years of proposal development experience in the SME Instrument or similar;
- ● Demonstrated success in writing Phase I and Phase 2 proposals for the SME Instrument;
- ● Excellent writing and editing skills;
- ● Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is a plus;
- ● Bachelor’s degree in international relations, development, journalism, or a related field; M.A.preferred;
- ● Commitment to mission- and values-driven work environment.
- EU Startup services offers a competitive salary which will be agreed with the candidate depending on qualifications and experience. Success and referrals fees for successful proposals are also awarded.
- If you feel passionate about the position, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Senior Proposal Manager” Deadline for applications is 5 September 2018. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply early. Please note that only shortlisted and candidates will be contacted. We look forward to cover this position as soon as possible.